Word of the night by Simon:
Congrats for completing your first official role in TM. We look forward to hearing more from you in the future meetings. This is the first word Simon chose for us tonight:
1.never ending or changing.
“deep caves in perpetual darkness”
synonyms: everlasting, never-ending, eternal, permanent, unending, endless, without end, lasting, long-lasting, constant, abiding, enduring, perennial, timeless, ageless, deathless, undying, immortal; More
2.occurring repeatedly; so frequent as to seem endless and uninterrupted.
“their perpetual money worries”
synonyms: interminable, incessant, ceaseless, endless, without respite, relentless, unrelenting, persistent, frequent, continual, continuous, non-stop, never-ending, recurrent, repeated, unremitting, sustained, round-the-clock, always-on, habitual, chronic, unabating; informal eternal
“Clara could recall her mother’s perpetual nagging at her father”
Inspiration by Juanro (if my interpretation is correct):
He has chosen a quote mentioning energy vampires. Even though he mentioned that he is not a very inspirational man, he has given us this lesson/interesting fact
We are all the average of 4 of our closest friends. Therefore we should be wary as to who we surround ourselves with.
Table Topics Master by Chi:
Welcome back Chi. Glad to see you back in action as the TTM. She has chosen the theme “favourite” for this session and asked us what is our favourite _____.
2 guests participated
Favourite book – Simon does not have one…. Yet?
Favourite movie – Christine Choice is a film from the Sundance Festival –
Favourite person – Daven shows that loving yourself is just as important as loving others.
Favourite Food – Mysterious guest , Ben, likes fish soup
Favourite sports – Juanro shares a bit of his interest in soccer/football.
Workshop session – 10 DCP goals for Willetton Toastmasters by Saminda Vas
A discussion occurred during the workshop and numerous attendees have offered great recommendations to help Willetton Toastmasters achieve their 10 DCP goals for the 2017-2018 term.
President role: – Ben, Mayuran and Daven
After some discussion, Mayuran represented his group and recommended the following:
- Shopping center and pharmacy nearby have notice boards that could be great place to place flyers to promote the club
- Every time someone achieves an CC or CL, an award can be given to the achiever
- Have regular activities as awards for members.
- Post inspirational speech/lesson and recordings of speeches to our social media websites
Vice President of Education: Kevin
Kevin emphasised the following
- Tracking of the progress for all members can be tiring for one person
- Expecting the newly introduce website to be of use to produce better and faster agenda and allow members to keep track of their progress individual and as a club
Vice President of Membership: Simon and Juanro
Both of our new members have come up with some interesting recommendations:
- Introduce bring a friend night to encourage members to bring in guest on a regular basis
- Introduce themed nights e.g. comedy night to make meetings more interesting
- Have snacks available at the meeting
- Focus on retaining members and seek feedback from outgoing members via feedback form
Vice President of Public Relations: Melinda
Our current VPPR has shared with us her thoughts on how to improve the club:
- Also recommended bring a friend
- Create a newsletter
- Include testimonies in our social media websites
Even though Chi knew little about the role, she gave some great suggestions:
- Keep chart that is available online using google docs which keeps track on the CC and CL progress of each member. This would create some competiton between members
Sergeant at Arms: Zhenya
Zhenya added an extra step to ensure each member progress in their pathways.
- Reminding the members to bring out their CC and CL manuals at the start and to get their manual signed off by the VPE.
Christine being a guest offered her thoughts from a new member’s perspective:
- Bring a friend and talk about toastmasters to help spread the word
- Introduce ex –TM persons to our club for a speech demonstration.
There are 2 guests for tonight:
Christine and Ben
Christine has submitted her membership application forms and might be joining our roster soon!